What is the difference between securing a job and getting a job?
From the research carry out in among the job seekers in Abuja, Nigeria, it shown that over 90% of job seekers in Abuja and some other part of the country’s focus is how to getting a job and less than a 10% don’t just aimed at getting a job but focusing on how to their job after getting it.
Let quickly see the difference between the verbs “Get” and “Secure” though both can be used interchangeably when expressing oneself.
Get is very general in its meaning and simple and familiar in its use. Thus, one may get something by searching, by fetching, by extracting, by receiving, or as a return. It may suggest that the thing sought has been long desired or that it has come into possession only after the expenditure of considerable effort or the lapse of considerable time.
Secure may suggest safe lasting possession or control or it may suggest the gaining of what is hard to come by (as by reason of rarity or competition for possession); thus, one secures, rather than gets or acquires, a rare stamp by offering a higher price than other interested persons will pay.
Securing a job means
- Protecting from attack or danger; protect
- Doing very thing possible to avoid anxiety or doubt; unafraid
- Firm and not likely to fail; stable or confident
- Free from the risk of loss; reliable.
Why Must I take A Step to Secure My Job?
The uses of computer in our everyday life cannot be overemphasis. Today in our schools, hospitals, clubs, churches, companies, even in sporting events the use of computer is being introduce based on its accuracy, speed and error detecting ability.
****Enrol for Skilltouch Certified Office Suite Package Course in Abuja FCT
As a result of this, many have been shown the exit door, some advised to acquire computer knowledge, while others are made irrelevant in the field they were formally kings.
Today, individuals with some level of computer literacy, have basic requirement of every job, as organization now prefers candidates with the strong computer skills. So having the Computer Knowledge will definitely open many doors for you in the future, however acquiring computer knowledge is no longer by choice but a necessity.
How to Secure or Protect Your Job
- Discharge all your duties with the best your ability for accuracy.
- Be open for corrections/advices and be ready to make adjustment as quick as possible.
- Research on how to work done better and faster even, if you have to use your spare time.
- Get required computer knowledge for your job; even it will cost you money and time. [ View Course ]
- Upgrade your ICT knowledge from time to time and attend seminars